Party building activities
Long Warning Bell | Interpretation of Key Compliance Points in Transformation Research Project Management
Shenzhen Bay Laboratory is committed to creating an efficient innovation system and a thriving innovation ecosystem, creating a high-end and cutting-edge technology support platform, promoting the transformation of research paradigms for efficient allocation of innovation elements, stimulating the creativity of various talents, and striving to become an international first-class technological innovation highland. In order to standardize the organization and implementation of laboratory transformation research projects and improve the management efficiency of transformation research projects, the "Shenzhen Bay Laboratory Transformation Research Project Management Measures (Trial)" has been issued. In order to better implement relevant policies and regulations, we have compiled the "Interpretation of Compliance Points for Transformation Research Project Management" in accordance with the management measures, to help everyone effectively "know regulations, respect regulations, and comply with regulations".
1、 Overview of Conversion Research Projects
Conversion projects refer to various research and development projects (excluding exploratory projects) carried out to obtain new products, technologies, processes, etc., and their types include self research projects and joint development projects. Major transformation research projects refer to transformation research projects with a budget exceeding 10 million yuan per year per project, outsourcing costs of 4 million yuan or more, or government procurement quota standards above that year.
The matters that need to be noted in the management of transformation research projects are now explained.
（1） The Basic Business Process of Transformation Research Project Management
The management of transformation research projects includes four stages: determination, implementation, acceptance, and supervision management of transformation projects. Each stage has more detailed business activities, and the operation process needs to be combined with one's own reality, and cannot be mechanically applied.
（2） Main Risk Reminders for Transformation Research Project Management
Risk refers to the possibility of loss of benefits due to the complexity and variability of factors that may cause a deviation between actual results and expectations. The risks of transformation research project management, such as the lack of scientific demonstration of the project, resulting in insufficient innovation or waste of resources; Unreasonable allocation of R&D personnel or incomplete management of the R&D process, resulting in high costs, fraud, or R&D failure; Insufficient application and protection of scientific and technological achievements have resulted in damage to laboratory interests. Based on the basic business process, we summarize its main risks as follows:
1. Technical risks. The purpose of developing a new design or technology is to improve the performance level of the system, but it is difficult to achieve the goal due to certain constraints. For example, unreasonable technical solutions, excessive reliance on immature new technologies and processes, high system complexity, and equipment inability to meet design requirements.
2. Decision risk. Delaying the approval and signing of contracts or entering the next milestone of the project can cause disruptions to the project schedule and create schedule risks.
3. Project schedule risks. During the planning process, unfamiliarity with the project itself or blind compression of the project cycle to meet requirements can lead to schedule risks during project operation. In order to catch up with the schedule, measures such as adding personnel and overtime are often taken to remedy this, resulting in additional costs and a test of project quality.
4. Communication risks. The transformation research project is a collaborative development project involving multiple disciplines, departments, and units. If communication is inadequate, information asymmetry occurs, and problems cannot be identified and resolved in a timely manner, it can lead to low design efficiency and may pose quality and schedule risks.
5. Human risk. The stability, sense of responsibility, and ability level of project members directly affect the progress and quality of the project.
6. Financial risk. In the process of transforming research projects, only approximate solutions can be estimated for some potential problems. Repeated trial production is often inevitable, and the resulting increase in research and development costs is also difficult to avoid. When the project cost budget is limited, a slight mistake can lead to the risk of exceeding the budget.
7. Cooperative research and development risks. When collaborating on research and development, it may result in the loss of one's own technology, knowledge, key technical talents, etc. At the same time, it will strengthen the strength of competitors, accelerate the transformation of potential competitors and substitute producers into real competitors, and may exclude our unit from competition.
（3） Compliance points for transformation research project management
In order to accelerate the construction of an international first-class technological innovation highland, Shenzhen Bay Laboratory has formulated management measures for transformation research project management, implemented a management responsibility system, and improved the management efficiency of transformation research projects. The compliance points that need to be noted during the management process include the following aspects:
1. Make good decisions on the selection and termination of transformation research projects
If some projects with no future are not terminated in a timely manner, they will occupy a large amount of manpower, material resources, and financial resources, resulting in resource shortages and increasing risk losses. In the initiation stage of the transformation project, major projects need to be reviewed by the evaluation team of the Transformation Research Center, reviewed by the expert group organized by the Transformation Department, and approved by the Party and Government Joint Meeting before being desensitized and publicized.
In the early stages of the project, such as the design and testing stages, the Translation Research Center review team evaluates
Feed | Lu Wen, Party and Mass Work Department
Audit | Wu Feng
Edit | Immense