Party building activities
Regulations on the Party Emblem and Flag of the CPC
Regulations on the Party Emblem and Flag of the Communist Party of China
(Deliberated and approved by the Politburo Standing Committee meeting of the CPC Central Committee on June 2021, 6 and released by the CPC Central Committee on June 17, 2021)
Article 1 These Regulations are formulated in accordance with the Constitution of the Communist Party of China in order to standardize the production, use and management of the Party emblem and the Party flag, give full play to the political functions of the Party emblem and the Party flag, enhance the Party's cohesion and combat effectiveness, stimulate the Party members' awareness of the Party, encourage the whole Party not to forget its original intention, to keep its mission in mind, to strengthen ideals and convictions, and to unite and lead the people of all ethnic groups throughout the country to forge ahead courageously under the banner of the Party.
Article 2 The emblem of the Communist Party of China is a pattern consisting of a sickle and a hammer. The flag of the Communist Party of China is a red flag decorated with a golden yellow party emblem.
The party emblem and flag indicate that the Communist Party of China is the vanguard of the Chinese working class, the vanguard of the Chinese people and the Chinese nation, and a Marxist political party that seeks happiness for the Chinese people, rejuvenation for the Chinese nation, upholding and developing socialism with Chinese characteristics, and realizing the lofty ideals of communism.
Article 3 The emblem and flag of the Communist Party of China are the symbols and symbols of the Communist Party of China.
Party organizations at all levels and every Party member must safeguard the dignity of the Party emblem and flag.
Article 4 The production, use and management of the Party emblem and the Party flag must adhere to unified standards and norms, and adhere to hierarchical responsibility and centralized management.
Article 3 The general dimensions of the diameter of the Party emblem shall be the following three types:
(100) <> cm;
(ii) 80 cm;
(iii) 60 cm.
Where it is necessary to hang a non-universal scale Party emblem, it shall be appropriately enlarged or reduced in proportion to the general scale, and appropriate to the background or occasion on which it is suspended.
Party emblems are generally golden yellow or red.
Article 6 The Party emblem or the Party emblem design shall be used in the following circumstances:
(5) Convening national Party congresses, congresses, and local congresses and congresses at all levels, displaying the Party emblem in a conspicuous position and displaying five red flags on each side of the Party emblem;
(2) Convening plenary meetings of the Party's central and local committees and displaying the Party emblem in a conspicuous position;
(3) The seals (impressions) of the Party's central and local committees and their working departments, the representative organs and their work departments dispatched by the Party's central and local committees in specific regions, the Party's discipline inspection organs, Party leading groups, and the Party's grass-roots organizations, with the Party emblem engraved in the middle.
Article 7 The Party's grass-roots committees shall convene a Party member conference or a Party member congress and may display the Party emblem as needed.
The Party emblem may be used in the following cases:
(1) Certificates, logos, etc. used at important meetings and important activities within the Party;
(2) Medals, badges, certificates, certificates, and other honorary documents and certificates issued by Party organizations at all levels, and relevant work certificates produced;
(3) Important Party publications, propaganda materials, etc.;
(4) the online websites of Party organizations at all levels;
(5) Party member education bases, Party member pioneer posts, Party building propaganda columns (walls), as well as Party mass service centers, Party member activity rooms, and other grassroots Party organization activity venues;
(6) Carrying out the Party's foreign exchange activities.
Article 5 The general scales of the Party flag shall be the following five types:
(288) length 192 cm, width <> cm;
(240) length 160 cm, width <> cm;
(192) length 128 cm, width <> cm;
(144) length 96 cm, width <> cm;
(96) Length 64 cm, width <> cm.
Where it is necessary to use a non-universal scale Party flag on a specific occasion, it shall be appropriately enlarged or reduced in proportion to the common scale.
Article 9: The Party flag shall be used in the following circumstances:
(1) Holding an oath-taking ceremony for new Party members, and organizing Party members to revisit their oath of joining the Party;
(2) Holding major celebrations and commemorative activities within the Party;
(3) The central and local committees of the Party and their working departments, the representative organs and their working departments dispatched by the Central and Local Committees of the Party in specific regions, the Party's discipline inspection organs, and the conference rooms of Party groups.
Article 10 The Party flag may be used in the following circumstances:
(1) Convening Party member conferences and grass-roots Party congresses;
(2) Grassroots Party organizations carry out themed Party days;
(3) Party member education bases, Party member vanguard posts, as well as Party mass service centers, Party member activity rooms, and other grassroots Party organization activity venues;
(4) Party organization positions and Party member shock teams on the front line of tackling key problems and disaster relief in important work, important projects, and fighting the epidemic;
(5) Carrying out the Party's foreign exchange activities.
In addition to the above circumstances, the Party flag pattern is generally used with reference to the situation in which the Party emblem pattern can be used.
Article 11: Where special circumstances require the simultaneous display of the Party flag and other flags, the Party flag shall be placed in the primary position.
Article 12 Where a Party emblem or Party flag that is not of a universal scale is produced, and the Party emblem and its design are used outside the prescribed circumstances, it shall be reported to the organization department of the Party committee at or above the county level for approval.
Article 13 The Party emblem and the Party flag and its designs shall not be used for:
(1) trademarks, designs and commercial advertisements for which patent rights have been granted;
(2) private activities;
(3) Markers in private places and personal cyberspace;
(4) Personal daily necessities and furnishings and arrangements for daily life;
(5) Other inappropriate places, circumstances, and environments.
Article 14 No words, symbols, patterns, etc. shall be added to the Party emblem or flag, no damaged, defaced or faded Party emblem or Party flag shall be used, and any Party emblem and Party flag that does not conform to the description of the laws attached to these Regulations shall not be made or used. The Party emblem and Party flag must not be hung upside down, inserted upside down, or displayed or used in other ways that undermine the dignity of the Party emblem and Party flag.
Party emblems and flags shall not be discarded arbitrarily. Party emblems and flags, such as damaged, defaced, faded, marked text and symbols that do not conform to the provisions on production and use, shall be withdrawn and disposed of in accordance with provisions. After major celebrations and commemorative activities are held within the Party, the relevant units are to withdraw or properly dispose of the Party emblem and Party flag used at the event site in accordance with the principle of who distributes and who is responsible.
Article 15: After a Party member dies, with the consent of the basic level Party committee of the unit where the Party member organization is affiliated with which it has relevant examination and approval authority, the Party flag may be covered on his body or urn, but the Party flag must not touch the ground, must not be cremated with the remains, and must not be buried with the urn.
Article 16: The use of Party emblems and Party flag designs on the Internet, publications, and so forth shall be placed in a conspicuous position.
Standard versions of the Party emblem and flag patterns used on the Internet, publications, etc., are published on the Communist Party Members Network and the Chinese Communist Party News Network.
Article 17 Knowledge of the Party emblem and flag shall be an important part of Party history study and education, Party member education and training, and training of activists joining the Party.
Party organizations at all levels shall educate Party members, Communist Youth League members, Young Pioneers and the masses of the people, understand the history and spiritual connotation of the Party emblem and the Party flag, consciously standardize the use of the Party emblem and the Party flag and its designs, and respect and love the Party emblem and the Party flag.
All news and publishing units shall strengthen publicity of knowledge of the Party emblem and the Party flag, report and use news and pictures containing standardized Party emblems and Party flag designs, and safeguard the Party's image.
Article 18 The Party emblem and the Party flag shall be produced in accordance with the instructions on the Constitution and Flag of the Communist Party of China attached to these Regulations. Production enterprises are determined by the Organization Department of the Party Committee of the province (autonomous region or municipality directly under the Central Government) among enterprises with production qualifications. No unit or individual may make a Party emblem or a Party flag without approval.
Article 19 In principle, the Party emblem and the Party flag shall be distributed in a centralized manner, so that a Party committee has a Party emblem and a branch has a Party flag, and the necessary funds may be paid from the Party fee.
Article 20: Party organizations at all levels shall regard safeguarding the dignity of the Party emblem and flag as a political task, and earnestly perform their main responsibility. The organization departments of party committees at or above the county level shall perform supervision and management responsibilities over the work of the party emblem and party flag in their respective regions and units, and strengthen supervision and management of the production, sales and commercial use of the party emblem and party flag in conjunction with the market supervision and management department.
Enterprises and individuals that illegally produce or sell Party emblems and Party flag products shall conduct criticism, education, and promptly correct the use of the Party emblem and its designs in violation of these Regulations, and where the circumstances are serious or refuse to make corrections, they shall be dealt with in accordance with relevant provisions, and suspected violations and crimes shall be dealt with in accordance with law.
Article 21: The Central Military Commission may formulate relevant provisions on the basis of these Regulations.
Article 22 Party member badges are the identification marks of Party members, and their production, use and management shall be provided for separately.
Article 23 The Central Organization Department is responsible for the interpretation of these Regulations.
Article 24: These Regulations shall take effect on the date of promulgation. Where the provisions on the Party emblem and the Party flag previously issued are inconsistent with these Regulations, they shall be implemented in accordance with these Regulations.